Fiber is an essential carbohydrate that helps the body regulate sugars, hunger, and digestion. Fiber is important, but only that is appreciated 5% of people consume the recommended daily fiber intake.
Fiber supplements meet your nutritional needs while you’re at it regulating digestionFor prevention of constipation and management of glucose and cholesterol levels. There are two types of fiber in supplements – Soluble and insoluble fibres. Soluble fiber dissolves in water and helps lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Insoluble fiber is the type that helps move food through the digestive system.
If you are looking for a fiber supplement, you are in the right place. Here are our picks for the six best fiber supplements that will keep your gut happy.
Benefiber Original is a wheat dextrin, a by-product of wheat milling. It takes our place as the best economical fiber supplement thanks to its low cost and versatility. Note that the lower price means this fiber supplement has less fiber per serving than other brands. Depending on the target dosage per serving, this is something to keep in mind.
Benefiber contains only soluble fiber, which makes it a great choice for people who want to use a fiber supplement to control their blood sugar. Soluble fiber dissolves in water and is beneficial Both diarrhea and constipationWhile insoluble fiber helps treat constipation. This fiber supplement is tasteless and dissolves easily in cold and hot liquids. Or you can add it to food while it’s cooking – it won’t thicken or add flavor.
Benefiber is also available in convenient on-the-go packages that provide one serving of fiber supplements. Not all brands offer this; It’s a great feature for people who like to take a fiber supplement with lunch.
cost: $11.82 for an 8.7-ounce container (62 servings)
Fiber per serving3 grams of soluble fiber per 2 teaspoons.
Best Features of Benefiber Original:
- Benefiber is very affordable and available in on-the-go packages.
- It is flavorless and sugar free. You can add it to any drink or meal without affecting the taste.
Things to consider:
- Compared to other options, Benefiber contains a lower dose of fiber.
- Benefiber does not have any third party certifications. This means that the product lacks additional evidence of purity and quality.
Vitafusion Fiber Fit Gummies is one of the best gummy fiber supplements you can get for kids or people who have a hard time swallowing pills. This dessert is sugar-free and comes in natural raspberry, peach, and strawberry flavors. rave user reviews About the taste and how easy it is to chew this gum. They also praise the effectiveness of this product.
With each serving, you also get essential B vitamins, folic acid, and biotin. Many fiber supplements do not contain other vitamins or minerals.
cost: $9.83 for 90 candies
Fiber per serving: 5 grams of soluble fiber per 2 sticks of gum
Best Features of Vitafusion Fiber Well Fit Gummies:
- If you have trouble swallowing pills or capsules, this gummy fiber supplement is a good option. Reviews say that it is easy to chew.
- This dessert is free of gluten and sugar.
Things to consider:
- Vitafusion fiber gummies contain gelatin, which is not suitable for vegetarians or vegans.
If you’re looking for a dietary fiber supplement, consider Spectrum Essentials Organic Chia Seeds. Ground chia seeds are a whole food form of fiber. It’s a little less versatile than other fiber supplements, as it has a nutty taste and doesn’t dissolve in drinks. So you’ll always know chia seeds are there, but if you like the taste, they can give your water, smoothies, or food a fiber boost.
Chia seeds are full of fiber and provide a great way to aid digestion. As a bonus, chia seeds also contain omega-3 fatty acids, which contain It has been linked to reduced risk From Heart attack or border.
cost: $11 for a 10-ounce package
Fiber per serving: 4 grams of dietary fiber per 2 tablespoons
Best Features of Spectrum Essentials Organic Ground Chia Seeds:
- Chia seeds are rich in fiber and are also a source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Chia seeds have a nutty taste that you can add to smoothies, bread, and food.
- USDA Certified Organic and Gluten Free.
Things to consider:
- Chia seeds do not dissolve in water. If you’re looking for a fiber supplement that you can’t taste or see, chia seeds aren’t the best choice for you.
Metamucil Sugar Free Fiber Powder is a natural, four-in-one psyllium husk powder that is a fiber supplement intended to aid digestive health, control appetite, and lower cholesterol and sugar levels. search review Supports claims Psyllium husks have cardiovascular, cholesterol, and blood sugar benefits.
You can choose from unflavored, raspberry or orange powders. Note that the reviews indicate that the . file Strong orange flavor It can be polarizing – you either like it or you don’t. However, other users say Metamucil is smoother and easier to drink than other brands, allowing you to add it to water, juice, or smoothies without a problem.
cost: $29 for a 2.3 lb container
serving size: 6 grams of soluble fiber per 2 teaspoons
Best Features of Metamucil Sugar Free Powder:
- This fiber supplement is vegan and gluten-free.
- You can choose between unflavored, orange and raspberry.
Things to consider:
- Do not use Metamucil fiber supplements if you are allergic or sensitive to psyllium.
- Some people do not like the orange flavor. A non-preferred version is available, but it’s hard to find in the store.
garden of life
The Garden of Life organic fiber supplement contains no added sugars. It’s made with five natural ingredients, including acacia fiber, organic orange peel, organic baobab fruit, apple peel, and cranberry seed. Each serving provides 5 grams of prebiotic fiber.
This fiber supplement includes both soluble and insoluble fiber, making it one of the best fiber supplements for constipation. Garden of Life is a certified B company. This means that all of its products produced comply with social and environmental standards.
You can choose from unflavored powder or citrus. If you want to mix the powder with drinks or food, we recommend the unflavored version.
cost: $19.97 for a 10-times-serving container
Fiber per serving: 5 grams of insoluble fiber and 4 grams of soluble fiber in each tablespoon.
Best Features of Garden of Life Organic Fiber Supplement:
- This fiber supplement is sugar-free and comes in an unflavored or citrus flavor.
- Both insoluble and soluble fiber are included in Garden of Life organic fiber supplements.
Things to consider:
- While Garden of Life is a B-certified, the fiber supplement does not carry any additional third-party certifications.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly fiber supplement that includes both soluble and insoluble fiber, consider psyllium husk powder supplement now. It is a good addition to your diet if you suffer from constipation. You can bake it into food or add it to your daily smoothie.
This fiber supplement has the highest concentration of fiber on the list, with seven grams of dietary fiber, one gram of insoluble fiber, and six grams of soluble fiber. You can also get eight percent of your recommended daily value of iron for the day.
cost: $11 for a 12oz container
Fiber per serving: 7 grams of dietary fiber, 6 grams of soluble fiber, 1 gram of insoluble fiber
Now Supplements Best Psyllium Husk Powder Features:
- Certified vegan, non-GMO, and gluten-free. It is also dairy and nut free.
- This fiber supplement is budget friendly and offered in several sizes.
Things to consider:
- This high concentration of fiber may not be right for everyone, especially if you are just starting out with fiber supplements.
How We Picked the Best Fiber Supplements
When choosing the best fiber supplements for this list, we took into account the price, type of fiber supplement, and ingredients. Additionally, because the dietary supplement industry is not well regulated by the Food and Drug Administration, we have adopted additional certifications that ensure the quality and purity of the products. We have not tested these fiber supplements in-house.
Things to consider when buying fiber supplements
There are plenty of fiber supplements on the market, and they all vary by price, type, and form. As you begin your search, keep these key factors in mind:
- fiber type: There are two types of fiber – soluble and insoluble. Soluble fiber benefits cholesterol and blood sugar. In comparison, it is insoluble fiber that helps with constipation and regular digestion.
- Dosage: According to the Mayo Clinic, Women should aim for 21 to 25 grams of fiber per day, while men should eat 30 to 38 grams. If you are not getting enough fiber, you can consider taking a supplement. You should start with a lower fiber content and increase it slowly over time. This way you avoid side effects such as bloating and excess gas.
- What’s in the appendixSome fiber supplements may contain additional sweeteners or gluten. While others may contain other vitamins and minerals. Always keep your dietary preferences and limitations in mind.
- FormFiber supplements come in several forms, with the most common being powder or gum. Whole food fiber sources are also available, such as chia seeds. Note that chia seeds will not dissolve like powder, and they also have a taste.
Fiber is an essential carbohydrate that our bodies use to manage sugars, hunger, and digestion in the body. Our bodies cannot break down fiber, so it passes through our digestive systems undigested. this is Adds weight and softens stoolsmaking it easier to pass.
dense fibers foods:
- Raspberry, pear and apple
- Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli
- chia seeds
- Carrots and beets
Although fiber is found in many foods, many people do not get enough of it from their diet. This is where fiber supplements come in.
How often should you take fiber supplements?
Fiber supplements are generally considered safe for daily use. But you should only take it if you don’t get enough fiber from your food.
However, there are side effects of fiber supplements that should not be ignored. Your fiber supplement can cause constipation if you take too much too quickly or if you don’t drink enough water. When you start taking fiber supplements, it’s best to start slowly and with a lower dose, and then work your way up.
The information in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended to be health or medical advice. Always consult a physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have about a medical condition or health goals.