‘Meghan didn’t lose me, didn’t lose me… she dumped me’: Thomas Markle has attacked the Duchess of Sussex’s magazine claims – accusing her of showing no sympathy for the ailing Queen because she ‘constantly throws the royal family ‘under the bus’
- Thomas Markle said, “Every time she opens her mouth, she puts me in it.”
- He added that he was not “lost” and Meghan could find him because his number had not changed
- The Duchess of Sussex’s interview with The Cut mentioned losing parents
- Mr Markle said he “would like” to meet his son-in-law and grandchildren for the first time
The Duchess of Sussex’s father has criticized allegations she has “lost” him and accused her of throwing people “under the bus”.
Thomas Markle’s comments came after his 41-year-old daughter said Prince Harry had spoken of a breakdown in relations with Prince Charles following his decision to move to the United States.
Hours after her comments were published in The Cut, Meghan’s unofficial spokesperson, Omid Scobie, wrote on social media: ‘I understand that Prince Harry is in fact referring to Meghan losing her father, and Meghan saying she doesn’t want Harry. to check it out.
Last night, Mr Markle, who had a blood clot in his brain earlier this year, said: ‘I’m still very sick and trying to recover from my stroke in May. Yet every time she opens her mouth, she enters me [the story].
“It never ends.”
The Duchess of Sussex’s father, Thomas Markle (pictured together at her first wedding in 2011), has criticized allegations that she ‘missed him’ – and accused her of throwing people ‘under the bus’.
“You didn’t lose me, you dumped me,” the 78-year-old said hesitantly to The Mail on Sunday from his home in Rosarito, Mexico.
I am not lost. She knows where to find me. My number has not changed.
“I’d love to hear from my daughter and meet my daughter-in-law and grandchildren for the first time.”
Former Hollywood lighting director is suing British photographer Jeff Rayner for breach of contract over photos taken before Meghan and Harry’s wedding in 2018. He claims the photos caused a “global embarrassment” and destroyed his relationship with his daughter.
Mr Markle, who suffered a blood clot in his brain earlier this year, said he had not heard of Meghan or Harry (pictured in Johannesburg during their tour of Africa in 2019) during his treatment in California.
Mr. Markle claims that stress caused him to have heart attacks on the eve of the wedding and doctors refused to let him fly.
He has not spoken to Meghan or Prince Harry since.
In an interview last week, Meghan was asked if she thought there was room for tolerance between her and members of the royal family and her family.
She replied: I think forgiveness is really important.
It takes a lot of energy to be intolerant. But it takes a lot of effort to forgive.
Mr Markle told the Ministry of Social Affairs: “If she really believes in forgiveness, why won’t she forgive me?
Thomas Markle’s comments came after his 41-year-old daughter said Prince Harry had spoken of a breakdown in relations with Prince Charles (pictured with Harry in 2019) following his decision to move to the United States.
I have apologized to her several times for any hurt or pain I may have caused her.
‘I love my daughter.’ She talks about forgiveness so why not start with her family? How about your forgiveness?
Every time you have another interview, it brings up all the pain and causes a lot of stress.
I’m still very sick. I’m going to speech therapy and I’m going to do my best to get better, but it’s all very annoying.
Mr Markle also spoke of his sympathy for the Queen, saying: “She is a 96-year-old woman who has given her life to her people and does not deserve it when she is also in poor health.
‘You didn’t lose me, you dumped me,’ the 78-year-old said hesitantly to The Mail on Sunday from his home in Rosarito, Mexico. Photo: Mr. Markle’s profile picture
I feel sorry for her and wish her all the best and hope she feels better soon.
It’s not easy for her to read all these things my daughter says.
Megan constantly throws the royal family under the bus. The Megan I knew was sweet, kind, and compassionate. I don’t know where that girl went. I must hope she’s still somewhere and makes peace with our family and Harry before it’s too late.
Mr Markle is being cared for by his son Tom Jenner, 55, who has moved from Oregon to be close to his father. While the blood clot caused temporary paralysis and long-term speech problems, he can now speak in short sentences – although he often struggles to find the words.
He says he hasn’t heard from Meghan or Harry during their treatment in California, but watched the Duchess visit a memorial to the Ovaldi school shooting victims in Texas from his hospital bed last May.